From:
Jim Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:03:33 -0400
>Comet Cursor is spyware that tracks your on-line activities and passes the
>info on to marketing interests.  Spam anyone?
>
>[Moderator's note: Not quite.  For an article about what Comet Cursor
>does or does not do, and more comments following the article, please see
>http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/stories/story/0,10738,2677247,00.html
>
>Enjoy!  BIG]

Be careful!  I run a firewall and while connected to the Internet, Comet
Cursor will initiate connections to outside sites.  I wish I'd made a note
of where it connected before I purged it from my system.  It may not be
dangerous, and it may not be spyware, but it is definitely what I'd call
"rudeware," therefore beware.

Jim H