From:
Michael Janke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:29:53 -0400
>From:    Gabrielle Lastname <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Couch-proofing
>
>It took me 2 sofas to figure this out, but I finally got it
>
>put 2x4s all around the bottom so they couldn't get underneath (due
>to the skirt, they liked to go under even after I put panneling on the
>bottom, which would have been ok had they not pottied under there too!),

A few months back I discovered a method that has worked 100% at keeping
mine from sleeping, or even going under, the couch.

I took one of the clear, plastic runners one puts on carpeting and put it
full length under the couch... upside down.  That's so the little pointy
nubs are sticking up instead of into the carpet.  My guys used to sleep
under the couch all the time.  Now they never go under there for any
reason.  For the first few days, they examined it and even slid under the
plastic a few times, but never stayed.  I haven't seen them even go near
the couch in months.  I have since installed a piece under the living room
chair and they stay away from that too.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line, 305-752-7040
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.ferrethealth.info
*