From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 1994 17:49:50 -0500
Hi Ferret Enthusiasts,

Here's a quick update in the case of Mike & Rita McDowell's ferret in
Kansas.  I just got off the phone with Mike McDowell, who says that the
state is still after their ferret.  He says, "Once the state got
involved, there was just no talking to them.  Someone from the state
was even quoted in a capitol newspaper article as saying, 'we'll get
that ferret and kill it, one way or another.'"

Mike tells me they've received $300 or so in contributions so far, and
that's been a great help.  It seems to me that that's still a long ways
from their $4000 legal fees, though, let alone their rent.  I just sent
them $20, and was hoping that everyone else on the list would do the
same.  Remember that Mike is still suspended without pay from his
County Sheriff job because of this case.

If you do want to help them out, send what you can to: Mike and Rita
McDowell, 109 West 4th, Onaga KS 66521.  You could also give them a
phone call to give them some moral support.  Their number is
913-889-7180.  Thanks!