Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 11:57:09 -0400
May be a teething complication.  Pays to have a vet check in case a
deciduous (baby tooth/shedding tooth) is caught between two permanent ones
and causing pain, an abscess, or even boney complications.  One thing that
REALLY, REALLY, REALLY helps with teething is to go out and buy some
Cheweasels (or Marshall Chews which are the same thing licensed and sold in
a different form).  If you can't find them in your local stores then call
The Ferret Store at 1-888-8FERRET.  We get great service from them and they
look up product numbers for us when we call knowing what we want but not
having a catalog handy.  At first glance these chews seem expensive,
compared to dental appointments for ferrets they sure are not, plus the
large packet lasts a long while.  They are made of gelatin so are
completely digestible.  If a ferret eats too much at one sitting it can
cause loose stools but otherwise they are complete wins all around --
reduce pain, reduce plaque, reduce cavities, reduce gum disease, reduce
biting when teething hurts, reduce the chances of an obstruction form
trying to teeth on fabric or worse, reduce dental costs...

Speaking of fine products we are very happy with the bottles and bottle
brushes from Lixit.  Don't like their holders so we use left-over ones from
bottles that weren't as good, but the bottles themselves are marvelous.

Have some favorite products?  Tell all!