From:
Meesh Meesh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:15:53 PDT
I would like to comment on the following excerpt from the last FML (from
the Killians):

>Most animal testing isn't fatal - that it is fatal is an impression
>overly fanatical animal rightists would like to give people so they
>can use emotions instead of facts to sway the opinions of others.

*most lab testing *IS* fatal; After all is said and done, lab animals are
(rarely) adopted out.  They are *almost* always
euthanized/sacrificed/killed.  Hence, (almost) *all* lab animal testing
*is* fatal.

M. Michaela Maurice
Ohio State University
COllege of Veterinary Medicine
Class of 2002

[Moderator's note: I already wrote directly to Meesh about this, but in
general: I don't want to host animal's rights debates on the list.  Such
issues are indeed important, of course, but that's not the purpose of the
list.  Yet, I considered the Killians' post to be on topic, given the
question it answered (i.e. why might ex-lab-animals NOT be carrying disease
or drugs etc.).  But, please: I will have to send back posts which I judge
to have no relation to ferrets.  BIG]