From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 16:03:43 -0400
Karen wrote:
>Sukie, is this one of *those* you were talking about?

NO.  There have been some situations in which a person will come on JUST to
create a fight among list members, sometimes with a false address, and then
leave.  The most recent was apparently one of the letters in relation to
Modern Ferret.  These are sick people who think that damaging or destroying
lists is a fine hobby, and if they can't do that then at least they can
make list members miserable and cut the membership rate.  The researcher
Lynn Cherney did a journal article on these sorts some time back and I am
sure others must have also written about them.  They are nasty and horrible
in the worst Internet senses of the words.  When you see things which are
OBVIOUSLY WRITTEN TO PROVOKE then those letters may well be an example of
this type of sick asocial person who wants to hurt us all.

I'd wait until there was proof that the vaccinations actually DO protect
for over a year before doing fewer, and as for reducing the rabies shot
frequency I'd wait until such proof is incorporated in the Compendium of
Animal Rabies Control or it might be really asking for trouble.

Oh, and the wording error was NOT by Mary van Dahm; the error was made by
an editor at Fancy in their Pet Product News.  Bill and Diane didn't get
that straight the other day, but I think I repeated it maybe a half dozen
times.

One rodent which can be a rabies VECTOR is the ground hog; it's on the
N.J. vector list; keep ferrets out of their burrows, please.

Sukie
1989:  the last year Bill Gates paid Federal Income Tax
1991:  the last year Bill Gates paid State Income Tax
(from National Public Radio)