Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 18:47:24 -0400
Hi Guys!

I just want to clarify things a bit about what's been goin' on about Joe
pulling the webcam from my site.

Here's how it happened:
I was emailed about his new site, like some of you were.  I was very
surprised to see my CAM image on his site.  Joe had *not* asked permission
from me.  He had put a voting link underneath it, which made me feel a
little better, so I emailed him, and thanked him for 'advertising' for me.
(I'm basically fairly easy-going)  However, I did not know he pulled the
actual *updating* image, I thought it was just a right-click copy of an
*old* image.  It wasnt until a friend told me,(that he used my 'code', so
to speak) that I went back and took a second look.

In short:
I emailed Joe back, and explained that he had not asked me, and I would
prefer it if he used my banner instead.  If he chose not to use the banner,
then remove everything.

He emailed me back, apologized, and overlayed the banner over a
*nonupdating* cam image.  He left the voting link.  As of this evening,
there is *another* email message from him to me, apologizing again.  He
also told me that he DOES use the profits to benefit animals.  (Some people
felt his site was 'self-serving', and he was using the ferrets as a way to
collect).  I will not post his message here, if you feel you need to hear
it from him, you can email him directly.

so...
every thing is hunky-dory, noone need worry anymore about the FerretCAM!!
and our rights.  I really appreciate all the letters of concern (private
and public).  I am not personally associated with him or his site at all,
my presence there is merely a clickable link to my site, or another
opportunity for the public to rate my site.

The thought had never occured to me at all until now, about donating
clickable proceeds to shelters.  Since this fiasco, I have decided to add
banners to my site, scattered about, for visitors to click on, with
proceeds going to shelters around the U.S.  I'm going to create a page
where I will list shelters, (shelters, please email me and let me know
you'd like to participate) and post monthly (if any!!) proceeds to go to a
different shelter each month.  I'll create the order based on a first-come,
first-donated-to basis.  When we reach the end of the list, we start at the
top again.  (Understand, that it is a 'pot-luck' thing..  I have no idea
how much money will be generated , if at all, for each month.  If a month
comes up dry, that shelter will not be passed by.  We sit there for the
next month until they get at least *something*.

Numbers of visitors have declined a bit, since I'm not around due to school
and my clinical affiliation at this time (people really love the 'waves'),
so I don't know how much we can do together to generate the funds.  It's
worth a try, at least!

Thanks again for your support to the site, and your dedication to =
ferrets all over.
Warm Regards,
Celia and the photogenic foursome.
http://www.celiamarie.com/ferretcam