From:
Holly DiMeglio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 23:42:43 -0800
Reading one of the posts today about integrating ferrets and just letting
them do their fighting & getting it over with, I thought I'd give it
another try.  I had always thought that fear pooping was the sign to
break it up, so I never made a whole lot of progress with the ferrets.

I let them all out together and amazingly P-Bear didn't really go after
Buddy like he's always done before.  He completely targeted Wheelie!
Within 10 seconds there was the fear poop, I just moved the ferrets
aside & cleaned it up right away.  I watched closely and Wheelie was
actually doing alright, just screaming like she was being killed, even
when P-Bear wasn't touching her.  P-Bear's deaf, so he wasn't hearing her
scream.  After about 10 minutes, P-Bear wandered off (no doubt looking
for his next victim).  Wheelie was pissed with me for watching the whole
thing and not rescuing her.  I held a great victory party for her - she
held her own, no injuries.  She ignored me.  I offered raisins.  She
ignored me.  Buddy came out, wanting to know where the heck his raisins
were (I gave him a couple).  Buddy & P-Bear pretty much ignored each
other, just a few minor moments, no fear poop.

So thank you very much for the advice, and motivating me to keep trying.

Holly