From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1992 17:17:00 -0400
    Chris last thursday or friday I sent you some mail.  I
did not see it posted,  you were on vacation.  Also I sent it
to ferret-request instead of ferret-list.  Well here it is again.
( Now after trying to send this again I bounced my mail.  If you
get this it will now be the third time.  If you already posted
it I am sorry for the RETRIES.  Have a good day!!)

[I came back almost a month ago.  There is a problem with your
mail address - "[log in to unmask]" doesn't seem to work -
I was getting bounces.  I've emailed you three different ways.
Let me know what works.]

    My ferret Mako has a rash between his shoulders.  It's
a yellowish, almost brown.  The skin seems very dry and flacky.
My ferret Sebastian seems to get this as well but it usualy goes
away after a day or two.  Seems like it pops up around the time
he sheds.  Should I be conserned about this or is just a case
of dry skin?

    Mako wont eat ferretone so he doesn't get any extra
fatty acids for skin and fur.  I'm not sure if that would
help or not?  Mako eats only Science Diet.  Sebastian eats
S.D., bannas, green beans and raw potato(e). Any suggestions
and help greatly apreciated.

    Thanks,

    Brad, Sebastian and Mako.

    P.S.  I think your doing as all a favor by running these
          mailing lists. Thanks.

[This is probably Seborrhea (sp?).  There are shampoos for this.
"Sebbafon" is one, and it works.  Since it's labeled
"For Veterinary use only", you'll probably have to obtain it
from a vet.]