Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:20:56 -0500
Hi all.

Eating Problem:
I finally solved Rocky's eating problem.  I switched from TFS, which he
hated, though he liked it when I ordered the sample, and went back to
Totally Ferret.  He not only put on weight (I realize some is season
change) but his coat is amazingly soft and shiny.  I have tried almost
every food out there and this one seems to be the best nutritionally
from the looks of him.

Easy Chicken Gravy for Chicken Soup lovers:
This quick recipe is for people who make their own chicken soup from
scratch.

Make your chicken soup as usual but don't put in too much salt (as you
would for yourself)

- Take out dark meat including fat and mush up with a fork.
- Add ground kibble and eggshell
- Throw a good amount of Ferretone
- Dilute with chicken soup broth; use more water if necessary; I left
  mine thick
- Mix well and put in ice cube trays

While I realize this is not as complete as Bob Church's and others, it is
so easy and you don't need to use a blender or meat grinder, just a fork
and a coffee grinder.

It makes a great healthy treat, and you have the rest of the chicken soup
for yourselves.

Obviously, if you are not making chicken soup for yourself it will seen
like a lot of work.  But I make a big batch a few times a year (except
summer), freeze some in containers for myself, and make a treat for Rocky
at the same time.