From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:42:59 -0400
September 2009
Master Largo's News

Possum Senior Reporter
Ziggy Reporter of a higher order
Andy watching from Rainbow Bridge

Possum here: Hey Suzie Q how are you feeling these days? I know you
were feeling a bit under the weather last month when we were doing the
news.

Suzie Q here: Better Possum thanks for asking, now let's get off me as
a subject and get on with the news, there are tons of things we need to
cover this month. It has been so busy here at the shelter that mum is
looking forward to going back to work!

Possum here: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? MUM GOING BACK TO WORK ON THE
BIG YELLOW THINGY?

Suzie Q: Yep that is correct; however I fibbed a little bit on mum
looking forward to going back. She much prefers hanging out with us
fur kids as to hanging out with 2 legged furless ones.

Possum here: Phew I thought we had done something to make mum want to
play with them furless kids instead of us. I will start the news. We
have acquired some new shelter friends that want to help mum take care
of us. Miss Jackie R. has been coming to hang out, help mum, love on us
and bring mum lots of fruit! Mum loves fruit so Miss Jackie makes mum
do the weasel dance. Then there is Miss Iliana, her son Ryan and his
girl friend Laura. They have come to help mum too. They brought a new
floor for our play pen. Miss Iliana has picked Chloe and Izzy to help
mum take care of. Miss Iliana comes on Thursdays to help mum and love
on her kids. Then there is Miss Brie, she wanted to come help mum too
and then her life changed to different, in just days from contacting
mum about helping, so she not only helps mum here at the shelter her
little Loka is at camp here with us until Miss Brie can get her feet
back on the ground.

Suzie Q: Hey are you going to save me some news to tell? Miss Jackie
R. took Chloe to see our favorite doc. because she was coughing and
coughing and mum could not make it stop. Then when Miss Jackie went to
Brockport for mum Miss Gail took the new kid Snuggler to our favorite
doc that same day because he was found out in a back yard. Miss Jackie
brought them both back to the shelter that afternoon.

The play yard campaign is going well; we need to pick a date to get
some extra hands to help mum get the stuff on the blocks. We are
thinking the weekend of September 19th and 20th OR 26th and 27th. Mum
would like you guys out there that want to help paint this on, to let
her know what days would work best for you. Remember mum WILL be back
driving the Big Yellow Thingy so we need to do it on a weekend. Also
mum thinks we need to get it done as soon as possible before it gets
too cold to be out there, she hopes the hotter days will dry them out
so we do not seal the wet in them.

Possum here: Hey Suzie do you know that 898 humans looked at the
pictures of Miss Angie and Mr. Paul's vacation here at the shelter, mum
put up? That is a lot of humans! If you missed them last month here
they are http://community.webshots.com/user/lakeroad2 One day we had
Miss Donna D. Miss Linda J. and Miss Jackie all here on the same day
helpen mum do things. It was pretty crazy. The Talledo girls are here
at camp, their having fun hanging out on vacation. Miss Dana H. came
to see mum one day, waving at you Miss Dana!

When Miss Jackie comes she checks on the fur kids that need extra
special attention, last Saturday she loved on Kalie, the time before
that she loved on Evita, and Opie. Miss Jackie gave Evita a bath
because she pooped on herself. Thanks Miss Jackie for keeping Evita
cleaned up. Oh yeah and we got to meet Mr. Bob too the Day Miss Jackie
brought Chloe and Snuggler home from our favorite Doc. Bob is Miss
Jackie's other half.

Miss Cathy D. came to help mum get all the kids here at the shelter
treated for bugs because she was a scared they might take over because
of Snuggler. They didn't but mum and Miss Cathy wanted us to be safe so
they did every last body in the shelter. Phew that is a lot of bodies!

Suzie Q: Okay enough about the stinky stuff mum used on us! Man that
stuff is nasty!

Possum here: So, bugs aren't?

Suzie Q: Point taken! Okay so Miss Erin and Mr. Jeff came to help mum
around here one Saturday, mum had a ferret nation cage donated to her
so Miss Erin and Mr. Jeff pulled the 2 smaller cages out and put the
new bigger cage in for mum. Talk about Cadillac of cages, that is one
awesome place to live, and who gets it? The Category 4 crew and the
new 4 group that came in July 16th! I thought seniority ruled here!

Possum here: Are you dreaming there girl? There is no rhyme or reason
in my eyes to how mum decides who gets what place to live!

Suzie Q: Yeah there is Possum, all the middle cages are for all the
kids that are old and sick and need extra attention, they are at mum's
eye level so she can see at a glance while she is working in the room,
if one of them needs her to do something for them. You on the other
hand live way down on the bottom because you are a pest and jump up and
down constantly when people here. Me I get the top shelf cage so I can
see all that goes on in the shelter so I can report what needs
reporting! So getting back to Miss Erin and Mr. Jeff they scrubbed all
the barriers for mum too, Mum told Miss Erin to stay away from Opie but
he got her anyway! Miss Erin and Mr. Jeff told mum they were going to
come back on September 5th to do some heavy cleaning for her. They are
pretty special shelter friends don't you think Possum?

Possum here: Yep pretty special for sure, but I want to get back to the
reason I am in a bottom cage, I am the senior reporter I should be up
there watching over what is going on! Miss Brie came the day after Miss
Erin and Mr. Jeff and helped get all the bedding and things that needed
to find a new home a place to go. Between Miss Erin, Miss Brie and Mr.
Jeff mum got her shelter put back together.

Okay Suzie I think we need to sign off because we are working into more
than 3 pages and Mr. Big is going to have to find room for our news.

Suzie Q: Okay Possum it looks like we have all the things mum had on
the list in our news so let's sign off.

Super Snooper Senior Reporter signing off until next month!
Possum

Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue/shelter
<http://www.ferretfarm.org/>

Petfinder Page