From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:08:44 -0700
Jen,
I participated in my own small way in that rescue.  You say they STINK,
then apparently you hadn't been doing YOUR JOB!  If their bedding and play
area, etc INCLUDING , AND ESPECIALLY their area of ELIMINATION is kept
clean ALSO, then there is no smell !  I have been one of the fortunate, in
receiving 4 beautiful ferrets from that rescue, that are all HEALTHY, but
know of the losses of many that were ill, while in YOUR care, not from
transport!  THOSE that were determined ill of health went to rescues, that
were knowledgable and able to get care for those that were, critical.  I
believe that many of them went to the closest rescue / shelter that could
be transported to for the fact that they were so ill, considering the time
and distances that many traveled for this operation, and the seriousness
of their ailments.  My expenses were few, in regards to the grand totals
of many that had taken these wee beings under their wings and care.

I am sure that given a minimal amt of time, there could be a grand total
of vet. care $$$ presented along with all the records of care that went
into this rescue along with the expenses of travel, incurred, lodging,
and supplies.

To quote a few words : May every deed that you do recoil on top of your
head, for indeed it will.

What you give to this world, will come back to you.

Regards
donna & her critter family