From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 01:37:11 -0700
>For all this time, because of Sara's remarks I took as truth, I donated
>to many causes.  Many.  I donated to several shelters also.  I gave no
>further thought of donating much to GCFA, let alone volunteering...
>because I BELIEVED HER WORDS as truth....GCFA lost easily a thousand
>dollars from me during these many months: all because I believed Sara's
>gossip.

I'm sorry, but you're placing an awful lot of blame on the "gossip" of
another and not much blame on yourself for believing this gossip and
acting on it without checking for facts yourself.

>I truly cannot imagine how many thousands of dollars or hours of
>volunteering this bashing has cost GCFA.

People, how many times do we have to learn this the hard way?  The gossip
in the sheltering community is out of control (which is why I'm posting
anonymously).  If you choose to believe the gossip that floats around
here and there are unpleasant results, look yourself in the mirror before
blaming the gossiper.  If you MUST indulge the gossiper and listen
intently to the gossip, check your facts before you react.  Gossip is
damaging to reputations and it's hurtful to people and to the shelters
that rely on a good reputation in order to survive.  It's sick and it's
sad that there are folks out there that spew forth harmful words without
a single thought to the damage that could be done.

[JY]