From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 17:26:47 -0400
Florida fires
Here is a website about helping animals in the Florida fires:
http://members.aol.com/mjartisian/AllAnimalsHope.html

Ferrets and cats
>Fang did finally take that inevitable lunge for the cats nose and sent it
>flying back towards the wall... It didn't seem too vicious when he jumped
>at the cats face, I'm kind of afraid that the cat is going to eventually
>attack out of fear.

A lunge to the face will definitely be perceived by any cat as an
aggressive gesture, whether the ferret is playing or not.  I think the cat
has been very patient so far.

>Attatched to the cat's, uh, balls was a ferret holding on for dear life!

It's great that some people's cats and ferrets get along, and that some play
together.  Some of mine do, some of mine don't.  But I think ferret play is
often way too rough for cats.  If a cat wants to sit undisturbed in her own
house, she should be able to do so without being attacked by a ferret, even
if the ferret is playing.  I wouldn't deliberately let a dog attack my
ferrets, any more than I would deliberately let a ferret harass one of my
cats.  Two animals playing together is one thing, letting ferrets annoy or
hurt other pets is another.

Ronnie