From:
"Anna M. Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 07:08:59 -0600
We did it again...  as if THREE dogs weren't enough (all over 55 pounds),
Jonathan and I added TWO more.  One of them is going to my husband's
grandmother's ranch, but the OTHER is staying here.  He's having a blast
with the ferrets.  He's seven weeks old and nine pounds of pure pudge, part
dalmation, part akita, part who knows what else.  He chases them, they chase
him.  He barks at them when they're in the cage.  It's SO cute.  ANyway, I
have a question.  Can ferrets get tapeworms?  I just gave E.Z.  his first
dose of ce-something for his worms.  I've been very careful to pick up ALL
his poops in and out of the yard so no dog, cat or ferret could POSSIBLY
make a treat of it.  But CAN the ferrets get it?  E.Z.'s gotten all his
shots today and got a clean bill of health other than the nasty poop worms,
so I'm not real concerned with distemper...  just the worms.  Advice?