Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:19:27 -0400
>From:    Pat Wright <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I am interested in adding an Irish Wolfhound to our family.  Does anyone
>know how this breed reacts to ferrets?

Hi Pat,

I have never owned an Irish wolfhound, but one day when I was out at the
park with Amelia a big Irish wolfhound bounded over to us and was
obviously interested in interacting with Amelia.  Amelia was riding in
the front of my jacket, so the dog's head was at her level (big dog!).
Since the wolfhound was wagging his tail slowly back and forth, I didn't
panic, but I was glad when the owner came running up and explained that
his dog had lived with ferrets when he was a puppy and really liked them,
so he was happy to see a ferret in the park.  So there's at least one
piece of hearsay evidence that wolfhounds can do alright with ferrets.

Amelia, for her part, thought the wolfhound was pretty interesting.  She
stepped out of my jacket and onto his head.  Being a ferret, she needed
to check out his ears--I swear half her body disappeared inside this
dog's ear!  And he just kept wagging his tail.  It was really a very
sweet encounter.

It was one year ago on Tuesday that Amelia had to leave, so it was nice
to have this memory brought up for me...

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
http://www.channel1.com/users/regina/
blog: http://www.channel1.com/users/regina/zblog.html

Is that my business?  Well, what is my business?  Do I know?  Did I ever
know?  Let s not go into that.  You re not human tonight, Marlowe.  Maybe
I never was or ever will be... Maybe we all get like this in the cold
half-lit world where always the wrong thing happens and never the right.
--Raymond Chandler, The Little Sister