From:
Sherri Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:41:14 -0500
I just wanted to say that I get this everyday and read it as I can.  Some
groups send lots of emails and it is hard to keep up with.  I really like
this format of seeing them all once a day.  However, I find that I just
read and do not post anything.  I think there is a lot of good info that
comes through as I find I file some emails so when I have time I can dive
into the info deeper.

I have had many animals all my life, my mom was always big hearted and
still is too.  It is a gift that I have and they are just drawn to me.
(Sucker syndrom) I close mortgages in peoples homes all over MO and KS
and I see several hundred new families and their pets each year.  I find
that even animals who don't like anyone (even some who don't like their
owners) will like or communicate, rub or meow to me.  It always amazes
their owners.  And we all know that animals are a good judge of character
for the most part.  So I know that I will be going to heaven due to my
kind heart.  Painful as it can be.  I get very sad when I read and see
pets who need a good home, especially ones that people just love but
can't keep.  There is a shelter here in KC that I have been trying to get
to for many months now.  Part of why I have not made it is timing but the
other is that I can not walk away from kids in need.  That is what they
are to us...kids... We have 4 ferrets, 4 cats, 2 dogs, bearded dragon
and fish, and hoomin 16yr girl too.... used to be 2 dragons and many
hamsters but....well the kids are big helpers in their own way..... We
free range all but the fish and dragon... Our kids do not know that they
are ferrets.  We take them out almost daily and they meet thousands of
people each year so they are regular kids who just don't speak english
out loud yet.

We do our best to help people through the common misconceptions that they
have taken with them since their parents didn't want to get them one when
they were little.  The most common of course is that they stink, are
dirty, rodents, spastick, wild caged creatures.  I have had a few school
programs wanting to get us in this year to educate their kids and we
can't wait for that.

We have had 3 Ferrets of the Month, the last 3 months in a row.  Our
Pierre is the FOTM on FerretsCorner is month.

I will try to start posting a little more often if I see people in need
of info.  I am not a part of any clicks on any of the groups I am in,
at least that I know of anyway.  I would love to be used in any way
possible to help promote the safety and proper care of these wonderful
kids.  Sometimes I have gotten a snippy response when my view differs
from some others.  I would find that sometimes I get irritated by some
postings on these groups too.  However, unless I see something dangerous
to the kids, I just operate under if you don't have anything nice to say
then don't say anything at all.  I hope the person who was disappointed
with the posts will hang in there and skip through the posts and you will
find good info.  Be specific about what you need and we will do all we
can to help.  Please share more funny stories too.  I might start one
myself.  I am beginning writing kids books about our kids.

Sherri in MO and the gang