From:
Sara Munz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:54:17 -0700
This happened several years ago, but the memory still makes me chuckle.
My ex-husband and I had ferrets and decided that we wanted a dog.  So we
got a Kuvasz puppy because he was fond of the breed.  Kuvasz (think Great
Pyrenees with a perm - big white curly haired dogs) tend to get big, but
she was still a puppy and only six pounds.  She was fascinated by the
ferrets, and the feeling was mutual.  One in particular, our dark sable
lady named Preen, had a special fondness for stuffed animals.  So Preen
decided that Winter (the dog) was just an oversized stuffed animal and
would do what she did with all stuffed animals - try to remove that black
button nose!  We were amazed that the dog put up with it, but I think
that Winter was intimidated by these strange creatures.

Winter is old and sedate now, and Preen is at the bridge, but I'll never
forget the one pound ferret trying to drag the six pound puppy around!

Sara & her ferrets 4