From:
Rosanna Brandon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 22:12:09 -0800
I have 2 ferrets, 2 cats, 2 turtles, and 1 dog (a German Shepherd).  The dog
pretty much ignores the ferrets--she leaves them alone and they leave her
alone.  One of the cats is pretty much of the same mind, although he was
curious about them at first.  The other cat will sit by the ferret cage and
meow until we let the ferrets out to play with her.  They have great fun
chasing each other around.  They usually end up with the cat rolling on the
floor while the ferrets dance around her dooking.  When the cat gets tired
of them, she jumps into the windowsill where they can't get to her (nothing
nearby for them to climb up!).  I don't know that I will ever feel totally
comfortable with them playing together to the point of allowing them to be
unsupervised, but they do enjoy playing while I watch.  I think since one
cat plays with them and the other doesn't, it is just a matter of
"personality" with the ferrets and the cats as to whether they will get
along well or not.

Also, somebody was asking about older ferrets.  Ours are coming up on 6
years old.  I don't know if that is really old for a ferret or not, but they
have not had any health problems at all so far (Knock on wood!).  Is it just
luck, or does the cold Alaskan winter kill off all the diseases???  :)

Rosanna
Thelma and Louise dooking it out in the cold!