From:
hooligan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2012 08:16:31 -0700
I have used a suspension made by McGuff Compounding Pharmacy @
(877) 444-1155 a couple years back . Dose was 0.5 cc once daily at
bedtime for a 2.2 pound ferret. Dose seemed high for that small of an
animal, but my vet worked closely with the pharmacist, & because of a
ferrets fast metabolism, it was thought that a higher dose was needed.
I also worked with Skip fro Skip's pharmacy on the dosing. Skip has
the most experience with using it on pets. Did not seem to cause any
problems, & he did seem to do better than expected for awhile. So,
hard to say. Although, it did not seem to help the IBD, it may have
slowed the cancer. I ordered a half bottle, cause the shelf life was
only 3 months (I think) & refrigerated it. You got me thinking, my
Gracie has Insulinoma, I think I will renew the Rx & try it again
on her.

Tracy