From:
bill and diane killian - zen and the art of ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:41:01 -0800
>From:    Andy Coghill <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Allergies
>
>Ferret Central indicates that there is at least one report of an
>individual who is allergic only to intact male ferrets... seems a little
>strange, but is it really?

Unfortunately, this might be true for Bill.  But if it is rodent and male
cat urine that can cuase problems, then this really does make sense.

>From:    "@home" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Recanting
>
>When writing the post, I was weighing the factor of how many people would
>die as a result of the post due toe allergic reaction or laughter,and how
>many wouldn't own a ferret if I told them that they were allergic to
>ferrets.  I stand corrected for my misinformation and apoligize to anyone
>who died as a result of my mistake.

We wouldn't call that recanting.  Allergies should not be so lightly joked
about.  People DO die from them.  Ferrets suffer if their care giver is
allergic to them as then can not possibly be checked out carefully enough
if the caregivers eyes are too runny to see them.  They can't possibly get
enough attention if that attention makes the owner physically ill.  With
medication some of us with allergies can get past these problems

--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets