From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 20:58:28 -0800
The elusive doll bed I wanted for the ferrets Christmas present was finally
found today.  So if I'm not the only one who thought that a doll bed might
be an ideal Christmas present, here's what I came up with.

First of all, it's more like a crib than a bed.  That was the problem with
most of the beds I looked at - a sleeping ferret would slip over the side.
The dimensions are 17 inches long and 12 wide.  The sides are 10 inches
high, with the head & footboard 15 inches high.  With a sleeping space of
12 X 17, it will hold 3 or 4 ferrets at once.  Mine are only out 2 at a
time though.

The frame is all metal.  That was another minus feature of some I saw, that
they often had cardboard bottoms.  Once the frame is assembled, a fabric
cover slips over the head and footboard.  The cover is pink printed nylon
with mesh see-through inserts in the sides.  I do plan to sew fleecy fabric
over the nylon to make it more ferret cozy.

The mfr is Kids Only, and it was purchased at the K B (formerly K-Bee?)
toy store, which is a national chain.  Box is predominatly bright pink
and shows the bed with it patchwork heart print fabric cover.

My ferrets are going to be sooooo happy on Christmas morning!

Georgia - the left coast one...