From:
Meredith Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:05:58 EDT
Ok, here's the deal with complaint letters for the Verizon ad depicting
the ferret that has been discussed in the past several issues.

I noticed that we all seemed to have different addresses to send letters
to.  So I called Verizon and got the true corporate headquarters mailing
address.  I figure it won't have as much impact if everybody is sending
letters to different places.  So, if you haven't already sent a letter,
or even if you have, please send your complaints to the following
address:

Verizon Wireless
Executive Correspondence
133 Calkins Road
Rochester, NY 14623-9934

Keep in mind that Verizon Wireless is not the same company as the other
services, though they are affiliated.  Somebody also suggested sending
letters to the stations that are airing these ads.  I have only seen it
on USA so far (I'm on the road a lot and don't watch much TV), but my mom
saw it on a network station the other night.  I would like to get a tape
of the commercial to bring with me to Ferretstock along with a petition.
If anybody can tell me what station and what time they saw the ad, that
would help my efforts to catch it on tape.  Also, in your letter, you may
wish to include your desire for a retraction of some form.  It only seems
fair that once they pull the ad (which I'm sure they will eventually)
they televise some sort of retraction to undo the damage they have done.

If you ask others to write, please give them this corporate address...
and write often.