From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 23:14:27 EST
First of all, Kim, Yvonne and I would like to extend a HUGE thank you to
EVERYONE who has extended offers to adopt and help place ferrets.  Also
thanks to those who have offered supplies and donations.  A few giant
thank you's to the following people:

Lisa who spent the day with Kim and helped with everything, and took 11
ferrets from Kim's to make room.

Diane Burman for the minivan, the space heater and the plastic.  We
couldn't, and I mean couldn't have done it without you.

Ela, who spent the entire day helping transport ferrets, set up cages, and
every thing else we asked or needed.

Liesl and Kevin who delivered my Christmas dinner, as I didn't have time
to get to the store to pick it up.

Stan for modifying all the cages to hold the stinky hobs.

Cory and Andrea who brought a space heater and helped set up cages.

Anastasia Kidd who came over at the drop of a hat to help triage.

Patty from Metroferret for bringing cages in the middle of the night.

Now on to the facts:

We are still trying to get an accurate count and health assesment on the
ferrets that are here.  We *think* there are 63.  Kim has another 15.
About 70% are whole.  Several jills appear or are known to be pregnant.
There are some obvious genetic flaws with some of the breeders.  For this
reason we will be aborting the pregnancies and spaying/nuetering all the
ferrets.  We have no medical background or genetic records.

Obviously this entire operation has been a huge undertaking.  I have been
getting loads of phone calls offering assistance, for right now I can't
begin to talk to people about placement--I don't even have a handle on
what is here yet!

If you want to help...

If you would like to send supplies: Kim uses stove chow, I use either
Sheppard and Greene Kozy Korner, Yesterdays News, or Marshall's Litter.
Both of us use TF, Ferret Store, Innova or 8 & 1 Ultimate.  We could also
use some towels and other bedding.

Please do NOT send us money.  If you would like to make a monetary
donation, please contact Judith White from SOS ([log in to unmask]).
This is a tax-deductible donation.  We are requesting that all cash
donations be made through SOS, who will pay our vet directly.  You must
note on the check that it is for the NJ Xmas rescue.

If you are interested in adopting one of these ferrets, please e-mail me,
and keep in mind it will be several days before I have a chance to respond.

For more information, please visit
www.geocities.com/kistaferret/xmasrescue

Thanks!

Anne Ryan