Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 07:10:15 -0800
Hello Molly,
I hope you aren't getting rid of your parrot because you feel you cannot
have both a bird and ferrets.  I have 4 parrots and 3 ferrets.  It just
takes some planning and supervision for play time.  I've been involved
with rescue and adoption of parrots for almost 16 years.  Some parrots
do not do well when going to a new owner, especially when they have been
with a family for a time.  I have a 38 year old Yellow Nape that came in 2
years ago when his owner passed on.  I was just to foster till a permanent
home was found.  However he suffered a great deal from depression and
stress, I feel another move would be a death sentence.  So he is here to
stay.  He is also a BAD bitter and not many people would be understanding
and patient towards him.

Please re-consider keeping your present family member and working out a
schedule that can include the new ferrets.  However, if you feel you MUST
get rid of the parrot, please try and locate a companion bird club in
your area.  They will most likely have an adoption program.  They will
make every effort to place the bird with a person/family that knows and
understands that type of bird and the problems that can occur with being
re-located.  If you let me know where you live I can try and locate the
group nearest you.

In Touch, Ardith
mailto:[log in to unmask]