From:
"Ferret Rescue&Education Society (FRES)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:35:04 -0600
FRES has kicked off the fall season with a very special afternoon with
the first Creepy Crawly Costume Party.  The more than 50 people with as
many ferrets took part in lots of new games, day events, costume parade
and of course the playland.  We handed out a beautiful gift bags filled
with goodies for the people's choice of best ferret and human costume as
well as prizes for all the games and lots of door prizes.  Many of the
participants were new members and future adopters and they had a great
day meeting and getting to know the foster ferrets.

A speical thanks goes to Leora Elder for her special grab bags, Carrie
Kent who carved very ferrety pumpkins for decoration and door prizes,
and Millie Sanders who supplied ideas for new games.  We would like to
give a big thankyou to all of the volunteers who put in countless hours
of preperation and time at the event, with a special big thanks to the
volunteers who don't even have a ferret but wanted to be members and
help.  Also, to our sponsors; Shaw TV and the Calgary Sun as well as
the many businesses who donated items for door prizes.

It was a very busy afternoon but very successful and with the large
amount of money being raised which all of you who run shelters will
know how many fosters this will help.

Look forward to seeing you all next year... same time, same place!  The
planning committee already has bigger and better things in the works!

Lorene Kimura
FRES representative