From:
"Tara C. Radford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:55:12 -0800
Well by the look of my in box,this AM, i opened up a big discussion.  Kat
Parsons,has now told you who i was talking about.She & Kim Fox.I hoped
it would not come to that.Kat is a dear friend.I wanted to say something
before this happened but this was the straw that made me.  I prefaced it
with the fact i did not know if it was a good or bad thing in all cases.
I do think the problem comes into diagnosis.Kat says Kim did not make a
diagnosis.She did say she felt it may be a hairball.That is a "bit" of a
diagnosis,and those were my words,"a bit"

The fact that she told her that Wolfie didn't want to be at the Vet,..
i saw was very upsetting.In fact that statement bothered me more than
anything.I actually waited an hour to write that part.I was so mad.Of
coarse her ferret did not want to be there.I could of come up with that.
In fact i think given symptoms we could all come up with that as a
possible diagnosis.

The "problem" as i see it.....

People are always grasping for anything especially when their ferret is
hurting & no one can tell us why.Hell,when Bruiser was dying,much to DR
Williams dismay i used laitryl shots.It is used to make bombs & is
illegal in the US...but i was told there was a chance.We all want to try
anything to save them and i did.He passed away within 8 months of his
nerve sheath tumor on his face.No matter what i did.

Maybe a person who says they talk to your ferret (tho you are on the
phone,thousands of miles apart & the animal is in a Vets office somewhere
else?) who can comfort you. would help.Why say he doesn't want to be
there?  That hurts,yanno????  We all have enough guilt.We do that to
ourselves,we do not need it added to.

Kat will always use her Vet.She is a smart woman.I worry about those
people who are not so smart.They may have a free reading and decide they
do not need a Vet.What then?

There are alot of newbies,here.Kim Fox has just started this
"communication" Do i believe it?  Not the point....i just want people to
realize that there were many who believed in Madam Cleo,too.They actually
spent a ton of money to hear what they wanted to hear...to be told what
lots of people could of told them.A non Vet "talking to ferrets about
their diseases?"

We can all believe what we want i guess.I'm sticking to my Vet for
advice.If that doesn't work,i go higher (in the Vet world) But hocus
pocus scares me ALOT when we are dealing with a life.I just pray it stops
here where as far as i know it has not hurt a ferrets health.  Kim & i
were pretty good friends years ago.I am not taking sides,i never have.If
it would of been ANY ONE doing this,my letter would of said the same.Most
likely more harsh.I felt my letter was to the point.I'm just sorry it
also,upset Kat...(that's why i used no names).  She is one of the
GREATEST women i know..

Just a long winded clarification....
Sincerely,
Tara

Join our Ferret Group!! Club Med Ferrets
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clubmedferrets
NEW! Go shopping with CMF, proceeds go to Shelters!
http://www.geocities.com/clubmedferrets