From:
"Amy C. Dempsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 08:25:17 -0700
I don't think blowing in a ferrets face is bad, in fact I think it is not a
bad idea.  I scruff mine and hiss at them.  They usally look sheepish and
try to smoother me with kisses.  I think they are trying to say "I'm
sorry".

My guys have never been caged - unless they are going to the vet, so I
don't punish them by giving them time outs because I don't want them to
associate the cage or being put back in their room with punishment.  I
think going to the vet is scary enough and I want them to feel happy in
their room.  But I think there is nothing wrong with people who use "time
outs" as a disciplinary tool, because it doesn't hurt the animal.

My ferrets are my children, and I do treat them better than many people
treat their kids.  I also take extremely good care of my fish, the cat,
my wild mongoose, and my SO.  I believe you should always give the things
which you are responisible for the best possible care.

Our ferrets are totally depend on us.  They rely on us for their food,
water, and shelter.  When we do not provide - they suffer.

Amy and her 9 fur snakes