From:
Abby Dotz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2011 12:48:19 -0800
All of our fur children receive distemper and rabies vaccines. No one
reacted their first time. However,we have had three reactions since-two
to distemper and one to rabies. All were moderate to severe. Our vet
recommended discontinuing the reaction-causing vaccinations for the
three affected ferrets. While not an extreme blow, we do show all eight
once a year. Unfortunately, the two who reacted to distemper will most
likely be attending their last show in april as distemper vaccines are
required for entry. Our champagne, isabelle, has done very well at the
ferret den's ferret fiesta, even taking best of show (honestly, one of
the most exciting moments of my life. I was literally jumping up and
down.) We really wanted to go to buckeye bash with her. In order to
do this, we'll have to attend this year, before her rabies booster
expires. It also concerns me in case she would ever bite. She's never
been anything but a sweetheart, but sometimes things happen. I'm
definitely more concerned about reactions now. I'm sincerely hoping
all future boosters can be given without incident. But, after what's
occurred this year, even with no previous reactions, i'm not expecting
this. You just never know how they will handle their vaccines.

Abby and Ryan, proud ferrents of
Edward, Daisy, Ozwald, Clyde, Isabelle, Penelope, Oliver and Benjamin