Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 05:06:14 -0800
Hi,

My ferret is about 6 months old, about 2 months old to me, he's a great,
fun, and loving friend!  My worry is that whenever it is time to go back
into his cage, he starts gnawing on the bars and shacking the whole thing
with his teeth and paws.  He will also do this at 2 and 3 in the morning.
This will go on for an hour sometimes, especially if I try and ignore
him, which I hate to have to do!  I'm afraid he's going to break his
teeth, or worse.  Furthermore, I hate to respond to this behavior,
because it will only reinforce it, yes?

I thought about bitter apple, but am afraid it won't be able to be
applied to the tiny bars very effectivly.  His cage is very large and
full of toys and tunnels.  I don't think it's the cage....

Any ideas?

Thanks! MONK