From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 21:31:24 -0700
We did it a couple of years ago.  Piece of cake.  We crossed about 5:30
in the evening.  Guy looked like he'd been standing there all day.
"Ganyfrsfrtsrvegbls"?  "WHAT"?  "Have you got any fresh fruit or
vegetables"?  "No, but I have an open package of cheese in the
refrigerator".  "No, thanks"!  That was it.  We sped off down the road,
grinning like a pair of Cheshire cats full of canarys.

Now I did have the ferrets we were transporting in the motorhome closet,
covered by a heap of clothes, and I'd run both the cab air and the rooftop
air, and had the back hatches cranked open, and the drivers window down.
Percy pointed out this was mighty suspicious behavior, so as we rolled
down the hill to the station I put up my window.

There is only 1 station to go through, and it's like a toll booth, multiple
lanes, some for trucks, some for cars.  I would recommend a late afternoon
crossing.  Right after a shift change, people might be all revved up and
gung ho.

There are also ways to get around the stations, but I'll let those with
knowledge thereof explain that part.

Georgia - the left coast one...