Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2013 16:10:42 -0900
Wow! It seems there is some interest here. I will get a survey together
and post the link here. There are a few things I want to reiterate.

First, there is NO location choice. I am talking about Anchorage,
Alaska. Second, this is NOT an IFC Symposium. While I do hope to have
a similar format and IFC support and involvement, it is strictly an
Alaskan individual venture.

Third, I hope to make this as easy and affordable as possible. While
the summer tourist season (May 15 - Sept. 15) are the best dates to do
things and have warm weather, hotels are also the most expensive at
that time, costing up to twice as much as when booked outside those
dates. Since affordable meeting space is usually tied to the rooms
rented, it would be necessary to have so many rooms rented during
that time. So, if we are talking about a $260/night room, it can be
expensive. So, I am looking at a LOT of different options. Finally, I
will provide details as they gel, both here and on fb. I will set up a
page on there. Please understand that I don't have specifics or final
details and they will come later.

What I suggest is that you look at all the things you want to do and
start planning. There are a lot of websites about Alaska and lots to
do here. You cannot possibly do everything. Visit
http://www.anchorage.net/
and
http://www.travelalaska.com/
for some information. And, look at this so you have a bit of
perspective about Alaska's size. You are NOT going to be able
to come and spend a week here and see it all!
http://www.ak.nrcs.usda.gov/technical/AKlower48.html

Looking forward to welcoming you to this great state!

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we