From:
Bruce Williams DVM <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1993 09:34:16 -0500
To Effie Marie Hines concerning interferon:

        Effie Marie - I'm sorry but I have absolutely no experience with
injectable interferon in ferrets.  Good luck.

        Has your vet considered an abdominal exploratory to see what type of
neoplasm is in there and whether it can be resected?  You may be trying to treat
something which is either a) easily removed by surgery or b) not treatable.

        Just a thought...

To anonymous concerning a rebuke of Amy Eller:

        I didn't think Amy's letter was intended to be chastising.  And I must
admit the thought of not getting an MF farms becuase you consider them to be a
ferret mill is a bit on the naive side  (No, I'm not flaming you).

        Marshall Farms is the biggest breeder of ferrets in the country with
25,000 animals.  It sells to both the pet and laboratory trade.  Each animal
that is rejected by prospective owners on the pet side may well end up in a
laboratory somewhere.  By rejecting MF ferrets as pets, we only add to the
impetus to send more into the research trade...

        Simply my opinion....

Bruce Williams