From:
Brian Canals <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 22:00:27 -0500
Penny is doing better.  Tuesday morning she started to eat the baby food
voluntarily and by tonight she was eating it out of a bowl by herself.  She
is going thru the Infalyte, she has totally saturated her litter box.  She's
sleeping a lot but now wakes up on her own occasionally to check things out
and eat more food.  I found some plain chicken and put it in the bowl with
the chicken noodle, she ate the chicken noodle and ignored the plain
chicken.  Hopefully she'll try it next time she's up.  I'm still keeping her
seperated from her brothers.  Calvin is rough and can play downright mean
(he's taken to biting again, not just her but people too.) Friday he grabbed
her by the scuff and took off dragging her and yesterday I turned my back on
them and she started crying.  When I turned around he took off like a rocket
so I'm sure he was beating on her again.  She's having small bowel
movements, they seem to be normal although quite moist.  I figure they are
small due to the volume of water in the baby food.  She hasn't thrown up any
more when any one's been around.  Her skull ridge isn't poking out any more
and you can't see the vein across the top of her head pulsing.

I'm very thank ful to everyone who responded, Gary Holowicki, Dick B
(RBossart), Pam Greene, Tina Tortorelli, Melissa Litwicki, Rochelle, Scott
B. Maitland and JamieG1.  Not only am I going over the info and suggestions
you sent, I'm goint to share a copy with my vet.  She really impressed me
with the effort she made to find out about ferret ills when they
hospitialized Penny.  To any one whose response I didn't get before I wrote
this, I appreciate your help as much as those already mentioned.  I will
keep everyone updated on her condition.

To the original editor of the FML, heartfelt thanks for starting it.  And to
BIG, many kudos for keeping a much needed and appreciated resource going.
Please share your kudos with your family, I'm sure there are times the FML
cuts into their time and activities.