From:
The Weyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:09:09 -0700
Hello everyone. I am on the phone with CJ Jones, the founder of the
previous 24 Carat ferret. She has fallen on some hard times, literally.
As Robin mentioned, she took a fall from a horse about a week ago and
seriously broke her arm. She may or may not be looking at surgery to
repair it. Bottom line, she can't use the arm.

She has 6 ferrets left from the shelter who are special needs children.
Oliver has a jaw deformity which prohibits him from eating normally. He
eats the Ultimate soft and moist, but even it has to be cut up for him
and she supplements him with soup twice a day. His cagemate, Stoney,
was beaten by kids in the head with a rock and he's 'challenged' and
blind in one eye from the experience and is also possibly adrenal.

I have met Godzilla. He is a wonderful loving (not) little boy and a
big kisser. He is confirmed adrenal. Baby Bones is only about 2 1/2,
chocolate, female with no health problems.

Squinty is about 3 1/2, also no heath issues, big rolly, polly, hold me
kind of guy. Buddyman is an older 5 1/2, front declawed (!!!! came that
way!!!!) abuse case. He's a graying sable, possibly early insulinoma.

Now you'll notice there are some possibles this and that as far as
health. CJ tells me she has been unable to locate a vet in or near
Durango, Co. to care for these guys properly. To make things worse, the
broken wing keeps her from working or even cutting the food for Oliver.
She is almost totally dependant on others for even mundane things (ever
try to zip up a pair of jeans with one hand? Hahhahaha!).

If there is any one in the Durango area who can help with the ferret
care, if there is anyone even not in the Durango area but can take the
ferrets, preferably keeping them as a pair, Oliver and Stoney, and a
foursome, or even 3 pairs, CJ has a friend willing to drive 8 hours or
so to meet or deliver them to good homes. (Or maybe we can work out
other travel arrangements) Cages, supplies included and a heart felt
thanks included. Please call her personally, 970 749-6132, or email
me and I'll forward the information.

Thanks a lot.

Brenda, Momma to the FurpeopleWeyr
http://pages.prodigy.net/furpeopleweyr/index.html