From:
Margaret Wilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 05:30:27 EDT
The story about Bubba really did happen, so here it goes.

One hot afternoon in July of 1990 I get a phone from a lady who said that
the neighbor lady just got raided for having all kinds animals, including
ferrets and she goes on to tell me she had a jill along with one week old
kits and she needs to get rid of them.  Within the next 30 minutes the jill
and her 8 kits where safely tucked away in my walk in closet (that's the
nursery)  One of my girl friends wanted one for her boy friend to give to
him for his birthday.  What had happen was Bubba was the last to leave his
mother at three and a half months?  Here was this big black sable running
after his Mom trying to nurse at that age.  And he would cry if he didn't
have her in his sights at all times.  Well, the day came and he went to his
new home.

But in one week he was back home.  His human dad was shot a killed.  Two
weeks later I placed him with a ferret owner who's ferret had just died.
Bubba was in heaven, he loved it there, he even forgot about his mother.
He was very close to his human Mom.  Bubba was only there one month and he
was back home with me again.  Why?  Because his human Mom got into a fight
with her boy friend and ran out into the streets and was hit by a truck and
died.  Now this was getting kinda spooky to me.  So I thought I will find
him a home out of this area about 120 miles away.  Bubba went to a family
who had a boy about 12 years old who just spoiled Bubba, you couldn't take
his critter from him.  But wouldn't you know it he came back to me four
months later.  The family was on their way to Reno, when they lost control
and went over the mountain All three of them were gone.  I never told the
second family about Bubba first owner just like I didn't say anything to
the third family about the first two families of Bubba's.  I had to tell
the next family or person about Bubbas bad luck.  It took me awhile before
someone was brave enough to take Bubba on.  And the first thing he said was
its the name that's giving him the bad luck, so Bubba became Frenzy.  Now
Frenzy came back to me 3 years later, because his human dad had to do some
jail time for not paying his traffic fines.  Bubba got very sick, when we
finally decided to do surgery we had found he had cancer in almost all of
his organs.  Bubba never woke up from that surgery.  I loved that little
guy, even with that bad luck streak.

Margaret