From:
Melissa Rotert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 05:41:29 -0700
Just FYI, I've received emails in the past from both Ebay and Paypal, as
well as a number of other secure sites stating that they will NEVER ask
you for your password.  If you should EVER get an email from any secure
site, which asks you for your password, immediately forward it to the
fraud department of that website.

The fact of the matter is, the website HAS your password already.  They
KNOW your password already.  And they can reset your password and email
you a new one if they REALLY need to.  They have other methods of
verifying email addresses that will NEVER require a password from you.
A one-time PIN number at most, but never a password.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT EVER send your password for ANY secure site via
email to ANYONE.

Melissa Rotert
Mira, Robin, Samurai and O'Dell
Missing Cael, Booboo, Tasha and Nietzsche always