From:
Jackie Decarlo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:30:40 -0600
I hope the comment on candles does not start a panic.  ALL metal wick
candles are not LEAD.  I make candles and use the Zinc metal wick in my
scented votives.  It can be pretty scary but I believe it would take a LOT
of candle burning to cause a problem.  Granted, the fuzzies may possibly be
affected by lead just as well as humans.  More data would be needed to find
out the amt of exposure to the burning candle to cause any serious problems
in the future.  Naturally I really don't want to put my fuzzy in any harms
way but I don't believe a burning candle with a lead metal wick is going to
pose a major problem unless it is burned in the home around the clock or
the little munckin wanted to snack on a bunch of the wicks..  Again, don't
assume ALL metal wicks are Lead, but it is very hard to tell them apart.
The only way I know to tell the difference is because I order the Zinc
ones... but they could give me the Lead ones and I wouldn't know the
difference..  Make sure you don't eat too many eggs, drink too much milk,
forget that red meat and don't forget the water, oh and don't breath the
air, what next.....anymore its hard to believe what is bad or good... but
still would be interested to know what the AMA has to say on this...you
still have to be always on your toes..

Hug all the fuzzies...

P.S. An update on Taz who has Lymphoma... she is doing fairly well so far,
a lot of energy, eating (mushed up TF), pooping and playing.  Her lymph
nodes are still quite large and we are working with her to get them
down..Please keep her in your prayers as I do for all the sick and lost
fuzzies out there..  A little prayer also goes to their humans who do the
great deal of grieving.

Jackie  Peanut & Taz