From:
Shawn & Lori <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:36:37 -0800
Hello,

Thanks so much to all of you that have sent me advice and encouragement.
Many of you asked similar questions regarding my intentions and plans.  I
still have months (according to my self-set deadline) to work out all the
kinks, but here are some answers for you.

The Legality Issue:

The rescue (shelter implies official) will be located outside the city
limits in Franklin, North Carolina.  There are no zoning laws, and upon
any type of zoning, any pre-existing farms/rescues/anything already
established can remain.  No vaccines are required -- though suggested --
by my state.  I will accept "gifts" not "donations" (another official
issue).  If the rescue, by the concerns of the county board, is ever shut
down, all current ferrets will remain with me or be adopted out through
my exceptional veterinarian.  Not being 503(C) is my choice and a
decision already made and over.

Again, thank you all and I hope to here from more of you as you find
time.  There are other persons starting rescues and shelters that are
looking forward to seeing your FML responses to help them as well.

 From:
Lori Richardson