From:
Pam Pillars <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 2009 07:27:16 -0700
Can anyone help? I have a little hairball who is losing her hair. She
is about a year and a half and has no signs of Adrenal Glad problems
other than losing her hair. I have taken her to two different vets and
both have said to just keep an eye on her. Munchie is losing hair like
crazy. First it just started above her tail on her back and now her
hair is gone half way up her back and her hair is getting really thin
all over her body. Her skin always fells warm, but I'm not sure what
a normal ferrets skin feels like since they normally have hair.

I've done research on Adrenal Glad Disease and like I said before the
only symptom she has is her hair lose. I've checked for flea's and they
don't have flea's. I have 4 ferrets in all and two dogs. One of my dogs
is allergic to flea's so I would know immediately if there were fleas
in the house. Munchie does seem to have an itching problem. She will
be in a dead sleep and jump up out of her Hami and start digging away.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe she has some kind of allergy, but to
what? When we wash their bedding we use the "Clear" laundry soap. The
good for the environment hypo-allergenic laundry soap. Munchie has been
on the same ferret food since I've had her for over a year now. She
does have a habit of eating dog food if she can find it. We pick up the
dog food before we let her out for the day, but sometimes she still
finds pieces that the dogs hide or she hides, who knows.

Can anyone help my poor naked girl? I'm afraid she will get too cold
this winter. I don't want anyone to think that the ferret cage is
outside, because it is not, but no matter how warm you have your home
in the winter there still seems to be a winter breeze through the house
when ever the door opens.

Pam Pillars