Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 03:08:27 GMT
A large piece of my heart left this earth Tuesday afternoon.  My old man
gentleman dog, Wolfie, left for the Rainbow Bridge.  He started showing
signs of pain suddenly.  X-rays revealed a large (more than 10cm!) tumor
in his abdomen.  He was given a morphine injection for pain and I brought
him home to prepare to say good-by.  My vet friend came that afternoon
and at 5:30, he peacefully left this realm.  I miss him something AWFUL!
He was a "mammas boy" through and through and went everywhere with me.

Wolfie was a black Afghan Hound mix and we had him for 11 years.  I found
him with a broken leg in the edge of our yard.  He had no collar, had
matted, filthy fur and he was not neutered.  The vet guestimated Wolfie
at around 2 years of age when we found him.  Maybe older.  I had his leg
pinned, neutered, vax, and de-wormed.  He has been my soul mate all these
years.

His vet and groomer always said he should go into nursing homes and
schools since he was so gentle.  EVERYONE loved him.  Everywhere we
went, people wanted to pet him.  Of course, he loved that!  It hurt his
feelings if you walked past without giving him love.

My heart hurts...........

~Tequita