From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 15:37:40 EST
I'll start from the beginning of my 2 Christmas ferrets story.  I
received a call last week from a woman who is getting a divorce from
her hubby, they have 2 ferrets.  she can not take them and he really
doesn't have the patience or care about them at all.  she asked if I
could take them in, of course I said I would.  And then their story
unraveled.......

They were bought from a petstore a little over a year ago, from the
beginning they were nippy.  From day one her hubby had no patience to
train them and often was very abusive to them.  One day one of the girls
bit him and he threw her against the wall, hard.  She was brought to the
vet and at this time I don't know the extent of her injuries, but was
told it was bad.  From then on they spent most of their time caged in a
small one story cage, eating cat chow, broccli, cauliflower, and corn.

I got a call from the woman on Christmas Eve, she told me she talked to
her hubby and that I could go pick them up the next day.

Christmas morning I got up and called the man, got directions and got
ready to go.  I got my son up from bed, not to open presents but to
rescue these girls.

The cage they were in was so filthy, we rode home in the cold with the
windows down, gagging when we got wind of the cage.  The girls were in a
carrier, clamoring to be free.

They are Vitor and Little Evil, a sable and a silver mitt, I was told
they are awful ferrets.

As I write this they are in a large playpen filled with tubes and fresh
food and bedding, they have dug all the food out of their bowl, but thats
ok.  They seem happy and look good considering what they have been
through.  when I say their names they look at me, they are smart little
girls.  soon they will be out to run the house and see what trouble they
can get into.

on Thursday, I'll call the vet and get their health records so I can see
who was thrown against the wall, or even if they were, people do tell
lies.  I can only promise these Christmas miracles a better chance at
life and to find a forever loving home.

This was my Christmas, but thats ok, its what I'm suppose to be doing,
taking care of the innocent.

Take care and Merry Christmas to all.
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter