From:
"Michael L. Bourgoin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 00:44:24 EST
After reading a few issues of the FML, I thought I'd venture out and post
something.My girlfriend and I are new "ferret-people" having just adopted a
ferret (or pehaps the phrase "we were adopted by him" would be more
appropriate).  First the story.  Otterfoot ( name derived from the
appearance of his feet) came down with an upper respiratory infection for
which the vet prescribed antibiotics in the form of ampicilin.  Our first
attempt to administer the eye-dropper dose ended up in complete failure.  We
could not duplicate the vets technique for administering the medicine (he
made it look so easy).  We did notice however, that Otterfoot would lap up
the ampicilin from our finger tip.  This led to a great discovery.  Instead
of trying to use the eye-dropper to administer the medication, he would lap
it up out of a cupped hand.  For his morning dose, my girlfriend would put
the medicine in her hand and put her hand in his cage.  Otterfoot would then
poke his head out from under his blanket, lap up the medicine, lick his
chops, yawn, and go back to sleep.

Now the question.  A few nights ago, Otterfoot got up on the coffe table and
proceded to drink up the last few drops of Chamomile tea from a cup.  From
the way he drank it, he seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.  Is this stuff safe
for him?  We kept an eye on him and he seemed to be fine.

                                     Mike

p.s.  Otterfoot's middle name is Clayton.  We named him after Clayton Moore.
If you know Maynard G. Krebs, then you should know who Clayton Moore is/was
(is he still alive?)