From:
Wendy Brandon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:04:09 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all of the information.

We go a call from our vet this morning with the results of his blood
test. His levels have gotten bad over the last 2 weeks since the first
blood test.

He is anemic, not absorbing protein, and his kidneys are not
functioning well.

Our vet said Cho isn't a good candidate for exploratory surgery because
of the anemia. She feels our options are giving him an ultrasound,
testing stool for other parasites, or build up his red blood levels
with injections. Cho is not improving while on these different
antibiotics. Our vet said it could be a congenial defect or lymph
cancer or something else. At this point we do not know what is causing
his pain.

Cho whimpers now when I pick him up to give him his antibiotics, or
just to snuggle.

We re xrayed Cho yesterday, his intestines are so bloated she couldn't
see his kidneys.

So in 2 hours I am bring Cho in, our vet is going to show me how to
give him fluids and also another injection that beings with an E to
help stimulate the production of red blood cells. I can't remember
the name of it I was pretty upset at that point.

We were going to give him Gerber's chicken baby food for easy
digestion, but I guess that is high in phosphates and his levels are
high in that. We will be continuing with the amoxicylln and flaygl. I
will be giving the the carafate at a different time.

Prayers and advice are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Wendy & Cho