From:
John & Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 23:07:05 -0500
When Jasmin came out to play today, he was dragging both hind legs
around.  As I watched, I noticed he seems to have about 50% use of his
left hind leg, but only the use of his foot on the right one, and
sometimes not even the foot.  He does not seem lethargic, but it is a
little hard to tell - he has always been a lap ferret and also a lot
slower in general than the others due to age and weight.  However, he
didn't want to play any yesterday, but for some reason neither did the
other two, so I don't know if they all just got worn out the night
before, or if I should be concerned there - although he has been trying
to play today.  He is eating and drinking, he's not drooling or anything
else, but to be quite honest, I am not certain if he has been peeing.  I
don't think he is.  I am going to take him to the vet tomorrow.  I
realize that hind end weakness could be indicative of anything, but I am
wondering if this sounds more like one thing than another.

Shannon
Sterling, Pandora, & Jasmin