Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:17:08 EDT
Hi Everyone,

After Sandy's post regarding Bill Killian.  I have to come to his defense
here.  Bill Knows a lot more about the problems we have had with Danielle
Frye and Debbie G. because we have emailed back and forth about them and I
told him what had happened in the past.  The reason we don't post here
often is because certain people here in the Seattle, Washington area seem
to like to cause problems.  This is the main reason our name has changed
from Washington Ferret Association to Washington Ferret Rescue and Shelter.
We no longer have to put up with certain people that seem to want to cause
nothing but problems.

As for being involved with Sandy's shelter, we do help each other if we
can.  Sandy does not keep ferrets that are ill and she turns them over to
Liane Beckwith, who has more medical experience.  Liane Beckwith takes
all ferrets that need homes, and therefore at all times has many ferrets
looking for homes or foster moms and dads.

My phone number has not changed and if someone is looking for Washington
Ferret Rescue and Shelter they really would not have much trouble finding
us, as Sandy said our phone numbers are in most of the Ferret Magazines.

In the past couple of years the Washington Ferret Shelter has found many
homes for unwanted ferrets and continues to do so.  Most of the work
involved in taking care of and providing for these ferrets have come from
Liane Beckwith.

As for where most of the ferrets in Washington come from, we have very few
that ever come in to the Washington Ferret Rescue and Shelter that are not
from Marshall Farm and not from the local Petco's in the area.  I am sure
if Petco stopped selling ferrets we would have very few ferrets turned into
the shelters here in Western Washington.  It was around 1995, when the
Petco's here started selling ferrets and thats when the large amount of
ferrets started showing up in the shelters here.  I have found that the
best way I can boycott Petco is by not buying at their stores.

Charleen Schuster
Washington Ferret Rescue and Shelter