From:
Randy Ferret Aid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:26:34 -0500
Some of you know this, and some of you don't.  We need to move again.
Many reasons involved with this move, some personal and some to save the
shelter.  In order for me to secure the shelter, i need to get into a
house that can afford the extra space of either roommates or a separate
apartment that i can rent out and have an income from.  This place is
just way too small for me to do that with.

Though I've been temporarily reinstated for my income, it may not be a
lasting thing and i need to make sure that both the shelter and I will
be secured of a home.  The only way i can do that is to make this move
again.  The shelter is VERY important to me and if it wasn't for the
"kids" i would have just got into a condo and have been done with it :)
BUT, in order for me to be able to afford to keep the shelter going, i
needed to sort out a way to generate an income.  The only way i can do
it is by having roommates again.

All of the ferrets in the shelter will be moving into foster homes again
in a couple of weeks.  I'll start the house "staging", "fluffing" and
painting/decorating then.  I'm hoping to have this house on the market
by the beginning of April.

The urgency for the move is simple.  I will not be qualified for a
mortgage if i don't have an income so I have to apply for one now while
i do.  I could get cut off again at any time.  If that happens, the
shelter will be lost forever.  I could survive by selling this place
and buying a condo but that's not what i want for my fur children.

I'm looking for help with packing up the ferret "stuff", moving things
into the basement and help with loading a truck for a lot of the ferret
stuff will have to go into storage.  If anyone is in the Toronto area and
can lend a hand, please let me know.  We're also in need of boxes and
plastic storage bins.  If anyone can lend or give them up, I would really
appreciate it.  I know, I know.  We're ALL real tired of the Ferret Aid
Society's constant shuffle.  I realize we have moved the shelter quite a
few times in the last 2 years.  From one room to another, upstairs to
down and then here.  I'm sorry.  If i can count on you guys this one last
time, I promise i will do better with my judgments and this will be our
last move for a VERY long time (hopefully never again).  I'm real tired
too.  This has been a very trying and emotional experience for me and I
truly, truly appreciate all the help, love and support you have all shown
to me and to the ferrets.  There is no one in the world as special to me
as a fellow ferret lover.

Miss Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society
www.ferretaid.org <http://www.ferretaid.org/>

Join us for the IFC Ferret Aid 2006 Conference!
Book early, almost sold out!!
http://www.ferretaid.org/events/ferret_aid_2006.html