Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:14:53 EST
It is not often that a lost ferret makes it home again.  Too often around
here, the animals are dumped on the streets from moving cars.  People on
the streets actually observe this as it is occuring.

Kim--thank you for sharing such a happy ending.  I am about to go to bed,
and will do so with a smile on My face.  It was a very good idea having
them bring in pictures and proof, and sign a form stating you are not
responsible for injuries.  It is not that uncommon for people who were
seemingly grateful as could be to turn around and lay blame on any
injuries of the escaped animal.

A family member just did that.  I was appalled, and told him so.  His dog
escaped.  A Dr. found him and put him in a large dog cage and advertised
he had found the dog.  The dog injured himself trying to get out of the
cage when a thunderstorm broke out.  The dog is terrified of thunder and
must be heavily sedated before a possible storm.  The torn and bloody dog
that had escaped the cage- then proceeded doing all kinds of damage to
the Drs. home, all the while staining carpets, and furniture with blood.

The Dr. payed for vet care out of his own pocket, and never asked my
relative to reimburse him.  And in return for saving his dogs life?...

My relative was at first grateful to have his dog back, but then had the
temerity to discuss making the Dr. pay for further treatment of his dogs
injuries.  Unbelievable but true.

Great heart
Sharp mind.
Way to go Kim.