From:
Billy Toler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:55:17 EDT
We tried bitter apple when we first got into ferrets years ago, and
quickly stopped using it, we found that a stern NO and a VERY LIGHT TAP
on the nose worked well, we would then put him down, and in a min, pick
him back up and love on him, both of our biters responded very well to
this, one has stopped biting all together and is a sweet loving little
man, and the other has gotten a lot better to the point know that, when
I go in and clean the litter pans, he stands and watches, and tries to
help me put the clean litter in...lol...

This guy was the worse biter I have ever seen, it wasn't play biting, it
was vicious biting.  He knows now that, when he comes over and stands up,
he's gonna get a lot of love and no biting.  I wouldn't use bitter apple
or anything else for biting, time and TLC is all you need...

God Bless...
Billy and The 25 Fiesty Ferrets...
www.ourfiestyferrets.com