From:
Charlene M Lowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 1995 14:21:59 CDT
To the human who thinks his ferret is going to be HUGE. We thought ours was
part doberman. At 8 weeks old he was tipping the scales at 1.25 lbs. We kept
a diary of his growth - and alas - he has turned out to be a normal (if not
small) ferret. He came from Canada and his feet seemed to be the size of
golf balls... We were scared, but this is how his growth went:

Henry:
8  wks 1.25 lbs
12 wks 2.00 lbs
15 wks 2.45 lbs
16 wks 2.50 lbs
17 wks 2.60 lbs
19 wks 2.75 lbs
21 wks 2.80 lbs

He is about 6 months old now and he is weighing in at 2.5 lbs.

(And on a side note, to the human who cited "When Elephants Weep" about
anthropomorphism of animals - may I suggest equally thought provoking reading
promoting the reverse, animalizing (is this a word?) of humans.
By Mary Midgley "Beast and Man: The roots of human nature..."
Nothing can be understood on its own. Had we known no other animate life-form
than our own, we should have been utterly mysterious to ourselves as a species.
And that would have made it immensely harder for us to understand ourselves as
individuals too. Anything that puts us in context, that shows us as part of a
continuum is a great help... Life shrinks to a few urban rooms; no wonder it
becomes absurd.)